Advertisement

The Bent Hook Minnow Bugger Fly Pattern Tutorial

The Bent Hook Minnow Bugger Fly Pattern Tutorial I found a fly in my box that I don't remember tying or how it got there, but it was a life saver and caught many Cutthroats until I snagged on the bottom and lost it. I came home and got immediately on the vise to try and recreate it, but with a few tweaks.

The first tweak is that it is on a bent hook. By placing the tungsten bead at the bend of the eye, the logic is that upon first strip it will flip the hook to ride point up. It could do that without the bead, but I want a bit of weight to get it down and so that is why the bead is added.

The Second tweak is that the one I was fishing was a solid white material that I believe I colored with a grey sharpie to look more Minnow'esk. Instead I am using a new material by Semperfli fly tying called Guard Hair Chenille. This stuff has the perfect color and flash combination for a perfect minnow body and not adding bulk.

Other than that, I think the head was red, but I went with pink to be more of a hot spot of gils and potentially the red mark on the jaw found on Cutthroats. This could easily be substituted for Red as well.

Tie some up and fish them. Hope they pierce some lips for you.
.
.
.
The Recipe:
Hook: Ahrex TP650 #2
Thread: Semperfli Waxed thread 8/0 and Nano silk
Tail: Whiting Farms Super bou
Flash: Blue and silver flash to fit
Body: Semperfli Guard Hair Chenille gray
Hackle: Whiting farms bugger pack
Ribbing: .1mm Semperfli wire blue
Bead: Tungsten
Resin: Semperfli No tack UV
.
.
.
.
.
#flytying #flyfishing #fishing #flytyer #tyingoneflyaday #svendflies

fly,fly pattern,fly tying,fly fishing,fishing,nymphing,euro nymph,czech nymph,french nymph,jig hook,lesson,tutorial,pattern,how to tie,tungsten bead,feather,nano silk,semperfli fly tying material,svend flies,ahrex,ahrex hook,renzetti vise,renzetti,renzetti master vise,no tack uv,tack free uv,whiting farms,

Post a Comment

0 Comments